Mobile charge Capture Applications by MDTech are intuitive, seamless and flexible. There is no faster method to capture charges than MD Coder. Accurate, efficient and simple are or goals in software application development.
REQUEST A DEMO. See the power of the MD Coder solution in a brief video overview.
MD Coder mobile charge capture improves the inpatient charge capture process, enabling a higher level of accuracy and zero lost charges. It’s the most robust, accurate and current handheld coding solution available, saving healthcare organizations valuable time and resources, reducing claim denials, increasing revenues, helping avoid unnecessary billing costs and most importantly reducing the chance of an audit by CMS or the OIG.
Benefits of MD Coder:
- Ensures no lost or missed charges
- Reduces audit risk
- Capture charges at the point of care in less than 5 clicks
- See your entire patient database
- Search the entire CPT / ICD-10 library from a 350,000 keyword library
- Secure Text Messaging
- Automated capture of PQRS codes
- Completely HIPAA Compliant
- Specialty specific cross-referenced drilldowns
- Create customizable fields in less than 10 seconds
- Integration capabilities with most major PMS systems using our HL7 engine
- Flexible web based reports
What is Charge Capture?
Wondering ‘what is charge capture’? The definition is simple: it’s the capture of information for use in a medical claim document, a critical element of the overall revenue cycle.
Without a reliable charge capture process, poor coding and lost charges can cost healthcare organizations a lot of money.
I capture my charges on paper, isn't that good enough?
- Studies indicate that practicing physicians are currently losing in excess of $25B per year in denied or reduced reimbursement of submitted claims. This loss in revenue occurs because doctors do not have adequate documentation for their patient encounters or have billed incorrectly for their services.
- A $39,000 increase in monthly revenue was recorded by a west coast cardiology practice simply by implementing MD Coder for their five physicians.
Plus, physicians and their office personnel can be held accountable for mistakes costing the practices huge fines, frequent audits and even imprisonment.
Capturing charges on pieces of paper can no longer be part of the charge capture process. Healthcare organizations today must operate more efficiently.
Improving the Charge Capture Process with MD Coder
MD Coder effectively takes the place of paper. The software allows physicians to capture charges at the point of care and assures all data captured maintains its integrity and is able to be accessed and communicated in a form that enables staff and the other systems involved within the revenue cycle effectively carry out their duties.
The various elements of a charge are entered once into a mobile device or on the web. The charge is stored in a central database where it is then available for review and verification.
MD Coder Web Application & Mobile Apps
MD Coder is available for:
With MD Coder multiple physicians can synchronize to one database. Physicians can share patients and encounter information, notes and communicate with one another, securely and efficiently. The Web application gives you a state of the art interface to manage your patients, encounters and charges. You are able to search for all of the codes you would need for your charges including CPT, ICD-10 and modifier codes. Customizable drop lists allow you to speed up data entry for many fields that contain the same information: PCP, Location, and Referring Physician, as well as others.
Information gathered on mobile charge capture apps and synchronized to the Web can be printed with MD Coder's reporting functionality. Having won awards and endorsements for design, ease of use, and functionality, MDTech has developed the gold standard for charge capture. You will find your experience with MD Coder to be one of a kind.
Try MD Coder FREE for 7 Days
Your free trial of the mobile charge capture system can be set up in less than 48 hours.